I have fallen in love with mason jars. I don’t even know why exactly. But let’s be honest: they’re good sizes, sturdy, and pretty darn cute. So when I found a 12-pack case of pint size jars on Amazon (and an equally adorable set of blue ones), I couldn’t resist. This left me brainstorming all the different uses I could find for them. My a-ha moment was when a friend told me about a “book jar”, a jar filled with scraps of paper detailing book titles that could be picked at random next time I needed a reading suggestion. This got me thinking: what other decisions and ideas could I simplify by leaving them up to chance? What thoughts could I store and save to be explored at random later on? Here is my list of 10 inspirational uses for mason jars.
- Book Jar – write book or series titles to choose your next read
- Memory Jar – write your favorite memories (with your spouse, kids, etc) to read on a special occasion (New Year’s, anniversary)
- Boredom Jar – write ideas for all the things you (or your kids) can do next time you’re bored
- Workout Jar – write your favorite workout routines or individual exercises to change-up your fitness plan
- Gratitude Jar – write about things/moments you’re grateful for and review them next time you need a pick-me-up
- Rewards Jar – write a variety of [healthy/free] rewards you can use to treat yourself after a productive day
- Cheer Up Jar – write down all of the things that make you happy or can improve your mood on a rough day
- Date Jar – write all of your favorite or original date ideas (places to go, movies to watch, restaurants to try, etc)
- Writing Jar – write a list of writing/doodling prompts to kick start your creativity
- Motivation Jar – write down all of the ideas that inspire and motivate you
My favorite is the memory jar that my husband and I started when we got married last year, and I can’t wait to look through all of our entries on our first anniversary. So next time you find yourself stuck, or you just want to add some variety to your life, try out one of these ideas. Let me know what you think!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means that I receive a bit of compensation if you make a purchase using the product links above. It’s no extra cost to you, and I would never suggest a product I wouldn’t buy myself. I hope you enjoy the recommendations!