I was always the kid who couldn’t wait until the summer reading list came out. In fact, I still scour the school-suggested tables at Barnes & Noble. So now when I hear kids say they don’t like to read, I believe they just haven’t found the right book yet. With that in mind, here are 10 of my favorite books I read in school.
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Invitation to the Game by Monica Hughes
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
What were your favorite books? Were there any you wish you got to read in school? If so, add them in the comments below!