“I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.” – Walt Disney
Who says you can’t learn something on vacation? And, better yet, who says that learning can’t be just as fun? Here is my list of the top Disney attractions that will both educate and entertain your entire family.
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln & The Hall of Presidents (Disneyland & Magic Kingdom) – Listen to Abraham Lincoln recite some of his most famous speeches amidst a history of the Civil War and celebrate the United States with 43 animatronic presidents detailing the entire history of how America came to be what it is today
- World Showcase (EPCOT) – Tour themed areas of 11 countries, including food, architecture, music, and exhibits
- Kilimanjaro Safaris & Maharajah Jungle Trek (Animal Kingdom) – Explore the lands of Africa and Asia filled with real-life animals for you to encounter
- Mission: Space & Advanced Training Lab (EPCOT) – Train as an astronaut for a mission to Mars and compete in your own space race
- Test Track (EPCOT) – Learn about vehicle design and testing as you strap in for a ride around a high-speed track.
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure (EPCOT) – Join Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye the Science guy as they explore the Big Bang and the history of energy in this 45-minute show
- SeaBase (EPCOT) – An aquatic wonderland filled with aquariums, dive experiences, marine exhibits, and Nemo.
- Spaceship Earth (EPCOT) – Ride through history as you explore the origins of communication, and don’t forget to get a peek at your future at the end.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch: Conservation Station & Habitat Habit! (Animal Kingdom) – An area of activities focused on the preservation and care of animals
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress (Magic Kingdom) – One of the infamous rides Walt Disney presented at the 1964 World’s Fair, this animatronics show presents the progression of technology throughout the years.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! (Disney’s California Adventure & Animal Kingdom) – Learn about the world from a bug’s point of view and get some new perspective on our tiniest neighbors
- Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (EPCOT) – A 20-minute film about environmental conservation starring the cast of Lion King
- Living with the Land (EPCOT) – Get a tour of Mickey’s greenhouses and learn where your food comes from.
Do you have a favorite that’s not on this list? Add it in the comments below!