For this week’s Q10, here are 10 quick ideas for your desktop background that can make your desk much more inviting and more productive. Try them as a single screenshot, a collage, or as a slideshow.
- Family & friends – This is a great idea for a photo collage or slideshow and the sight of loved ones can relieve stress during busy periods.
- Environment change – If you’re in a city, try the beach or the countryside. If you’re missing the hustle and bustle, try a Times Square panorama.
- Travel – Have some places you’ve always wanted to go? Get some high quality images of your dream vacations and use them for motivation.
- Animals – Similar to the friends & family background, science says adorable animals will help you stay calm and happier.
- Hobbies – Choose photos of your favorite hobbies (crafts, surfing, motorcycles, etc) and make a slideshow.
- Patterns – If busy images are too distracting, why not find a pleasing pattern for a colorful, but neutral backdrop.
- Color Therapy – Speaking of colors, try using brightly colored images to improve your mood and productivity.
- Mental Shifts – Use timed slideshows you help you block time with contrasting photos that changes every 30 minutes and give your mind a refresh.
- Inspiration – If there are quotes or images that simply inspire you, including them in your background can help motivate you when times get tough.
- Organization – If you’re the meticulous type or need some order, look for templates that will help organize your desktop icons, or make your own in Photoshop.
Your desktop background is just another tool you can use to your advantage – don’t waste it! Do you have any ideas to add to this list? Please share them below in the comments and subscribe to the email list to stay up to date on all my Quick 10 lists.